Dyno bound to tune the Motec S54 swapped track car.
If you are interested in having your vehicle serviced please contact us at..
440 Springbrook Rd
Charlotte, NC 28217
704-559-8100 ext. 3
441 springbrook rd
Charlotte NC, 28217
Do you own a 2.0T TSI powered VW or Audi? Do you have a engine stumble or misfire, check engine light or mysterious oil leaks in the driveway? Theres a good chance your rear main seal and PCV valve is failing. Don’t replace it with another known failure part from the dealer. We have an upgraded solution to permanently fix that seal. Along with the PCV valve that causes that rear seal to fail you wont have to worry about this issue again!
The factory stamped factory unit uses a flimsy and very thin rubber surface to seal around the crank and even when holding a new one in your hand, you wonder why the manufacturer would think this would be reliable long term. Our replacement solution uses a Patented billet machined plate that is bored to a larger diameter to make clearance for use of a Viton rubber seal that is more heat, fluid resistant, and more than double in thickness. In other words it makes you feel a whole lot more confident when installing the new part when removing the old. The crank is constantly spinning inside this seal too so over time as heat cycles are put through the engine, rubber will expand and contract and become brittle over time, especially when saturated with oil constantly.
The most common causes of rear main seal failure is failure of the PCV valve. The TSI engine is known to have PCV valve failures, which will cause an excess of crank case pressure. This pressure will cause more pressure than the rear main seal can handle. PCV issues can surface with multiple symptoms but when a car doesn’t show signs of many of them we end up pressure testing the system to make sure the rear main seal wasn’t compromised. It is safe to say that if a car needs a rear main seal it needs a PCV valve in most cases.
This Job is expensive due to having to remove the transmission to access the seal.
Seen below is the upgraded seal.
Old seal removed
New upgraded seal installed!
Our Audi, Volkswagen rear main seal repair Charlotte, NC fits the models below!
- Volkswagen > Beetle> 2012-Present
- Volkswagen > CC > 2009-2012
- Volkswagen > CC > 2013-Current
- Volkswagen > EOS
- Volkswagen > GTI > MK5 2006-2009
- Volkswagen > GTI > MK6 2010-2014
- Volkswagen > Jetta > MK5 2005.5-2010
- Volkswagen > Jetta > MK6 2011-2014
- Volkswagen > Passat > B6 2006-2010
- Volkswagen > Sportswagen > 2009
- Volkswagen > Sportswagen > 2010-2014
- Volkswagen > Tiguan > 2009-2011
- Volkswagen > Tiguan > 2012-Current
- Audi > A3 > 8P 2009-2013
- Audi > A4 > B8 2009-2012
- Audi > A5 > B8 2008-2012
- Volkswagen > Beetle> 2012-Present > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > CC > 2009-2012 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > CC > 2013-Current > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > EOS > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > GTI > MK5 2006-2009 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > GTI > MK6 2010-2014 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > Jetta > MK5 2005.5-2010 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > Jetta > MK6 2011-Present > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > Sportswagen > 2009 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > Sportswagen > 2010-2014 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > Tiguan > 2009-2011 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Volkswagen > Tiguan > 2012-Current > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Audi > A3 > 8P 2009-2013 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Audi > A4 > B8 2008-2012 > 2.0 TFSI
- 2.0 TFSI
- Volkswagen > Passat > B6 2006-2010 > 2.0T TSI
- Audi > A3 > 8P 2006-2008
- Audi > A3 > 8P 2006-2008 > 2.0 Turbo TSI
- Audi > A4 > B8.5 2013-Present
- Audi > A4 > B8.5 2013-Present > 2.0 Turbo (Valve Lift)
Our friend and client Ryan Lochte is headed to Rio for the 2016 Olympics! We would like to wish him good luck