[Sticky] 2011-2017 Cayenne & Touareg 2" lift kit installation guide
Remove the rear trunk trim to access rear upper bolts.
The pieces with the chrome anchors need to be removed to allow access to the bolts as well.
On the rear this is how the spacer is installed on the top. Also on the rear it receives a shock extension shaft. Put loctite on the end of the shaft and thread on. Use two pairs of channel locks to torque the shaft tight. It does not need to be torqued to anything specific. Just tight as you can. It wont come loose due to the tension that on the shaft at all times
We recommend a prybar or a long pipe to use as leverage to push the hub down. You can disconnected the rear anti-sway bar to make this easier as well
Now for the fronts. The connectors are disconnected, and removed from the hub and tucked away. The upper part of the brake line is also pulled off of the top. Remove the front anti-sway link completely. The top bolt wont come out until the entire strut assembly is ready to come out.
1) Bolt up the top of the strut with the upper sway link bolt installed (loosely).
2) Wrap a strap around the bottom of the strut and attempt to pull it in towards the body while pushing down on the hub
3) Push on the hub with a piece of wood as leverage
4) Use a punch to help guide the holes, and eventually get the bolt in
5) Use the jack to push it up and reinstall the nut on the balljoint. May need to use a piece of wood and push down on the balljoint to keep it from spinning, or use a T30 torx with an 18mm socket. I broke my T30 so wood and pressure it was!
loosening the LCA bushing on the front to help get more motion.
Front spacer requires removal of the upper strut mount. It does not require compressing the strut spring. Its direct fit
1. Install spacer on top of OEM Strut mount reusing the OEM Nuts.
2. Install strut back into vehicle using nuts provided.
TIPS DURING INSTALLATION
- Removing outer axle nut helps relieve tension on axle when removing struts. If you pull down too far you could pop the inner joint out.
- Loosen the subframe bolts in front ( 4 bolts ) as far down as possible to allow the subframe to rest.
doing this will allow to take tension off the axle and make removal and installation of the axle easier.
- We are not responsible for improper installation of this lift kit. Please have a professional install this kit. Email us if you have any questions or concerns. Info@eurowise.com